PER AQUUM Niyama is an island resort that connects two islands in the Maldives. It is located in Dhaalu Atoll, approximately 40 minutes away from the capital Malé. It is considered one of the larger size island resorts in the Maldives with 134 individual beach houses and over water villas.
Seaplane + Lounge Upon arrival, we were greeted by members from Niyama. We waited at the airport lounge, which was conveniently located right outside the Malé airport’s arrival gate, until the seaplane’s departure. We were told that a new and much larger facility was being built somewhere further away near the seaplane departure gate.
Accommodations + Spa
The villa design at PER AQUUM Niyama mixes modern luxury and a tropical island touch. One of the resort’s cool features is the keyless entry. Instead of standard key cards or keys, the resort provides waterproof chipped wristbands for each individual villa. Another cool feature is the pool deck design for the over-water villas which makes the water look very welcoming and comfortable.
Niyama offers a spa treatment called Lime Spa. Each spa room maximizes privacy and the view of the ocean. The spa relaxes and refreshes each visitor throughout the treatment.
Both islands of Niyama offer plenty of dining options. Dining options range from casual to fine dining and also include underwater and treetop dining:
- Blu offers all day dining for mediterranean-inspired dishes. It is mainly for guests on the beach house island.
- Epicure offers all day dining for international cuisine and is located by the main infinity pool. It is mainly for guests on the water villa island.
- Nest offers a la carte, lunch, and dinner for teppanyaki and asian fusion cuisine in a treetop setting.
- Edge offers modern fine dining in the middle of the Indian Ocean. It is a restaurant built a few minutes away from the island and is reachable by speedboat only.
- Subsix, an underwater restaurant, offers lunch and turns into a nightclub and bar at night. It is reachable by speedboat only.
- Tribal offers dinner for African and South American cuisines. It has a lovely setting and great environment.
- Dune, which is located by the beach, serves lunch and drinks throughout the day.