The eco-friendly Hilton Moorea is one of the best resort properties in Moorea. It is set between two bays and is well known for its energy, spectacular sunrise and sunsets, as well as its really friendly staff. The hotel is a great place to relax in its cosy atmosphere, but the heart-shaped `love` island of Moorea has plenty to offer those who are looking for more action.
Accommodations + Spa
The 104 bungalows and suites might seem a bit dated, but they are still very cosy. The Garden Pool Bungalows and deluxe Garden Pool Bungalows can be discovered amongst the vibrant gardens and have their own private terrace and plunge pool and are equipped for the disabled, the 2 Garden Pool Suites have king size beds and day beds, guest showers, indoor and outdoor dining areas and a garden with a private pool, the 3 beachfront Lagoon Bungalows have a glass floor to view the ocean underneath, and the 54 Overwater Bungalows (including Panoramic and Premium Panoramic) lead out into the lagoon and have direct access into the lagoon – as well as the glass floor for fish watching.
The Hilton Moorea has all the services and amenities which you could wish for – including a fitness centre and spa, tennis courts, restaurants and bars and loads for families to do as well. You can enjoy fishing, snorkelling, kayaking, swimming with dolphins and the stunning island of Moorea gives loads more – some of which you can enjoy on a 4x4 safari tour.
Food & Dining
Whether you're looking for a quick snack or a romantic meal, the dining facilities here are second to none. I loved the great range of local dishes amongst the 5 dining options that are available to you.
- Arii Vahine Restaurant will serve you Polynesian and international cuisine, set along the lagoon. You can have breakfast here – with local specialities, pastries and my favourite – lots of local fruit.
- Eimeo Bar, with its breath-taking views is the best place to catch Moorea`s evening sunset. It has a relaxed atmosphere – the perfect place to have a local snack.
- On the beach, you can experience a romantic meal set on the beach, surrounded by tiki torches for an unforgettable evening.
- Rotui Grill & Bar, serving an array of fresh fruits and vegetables is a great place for lunch, or just sitting back and enjoying a cocktail with classic Polynesian flavours.
- Toatea Creperie & Bar, serves French crepes and galettes as well as cocktails and other drinks. It is a trendy bar, seemingly floating as it is set over the water and with stunning views of the sunset.
You can access the 9 km reef directly from the beach. If you get bored by lounging and soaking the sun all day, you can head out to snorkel, dive, or float on the shimmering water. Couples can go on a sunset walk along the shore followed by a romantic dinner in one of the resort’s restaurants.
Venture beyond the island’s palm-crowned beaches to discover the best of Maldivian culture. There is a glamping barbecue area and cinema in the lush jungle in the interior of the island. You can get aboard the resort’s yacht to go on a sunset dolphin tour. Everything is not just for adults. This property has a Kids' Club, Toddlers’ playground and Teen Town which hosts exciting activities for teenagers.