Baros Maldives is located close to Male, it is surrounded by a large lagoon, and as you get closer, you will be able to see the ocean colors changing. The island is quite small, you can easily travel around the island by foot, and there are no bikes or buggies around.
Baros is located only 25 mins by speedboat from Male international airport, as soon as you arrive, you will be directed to the dock. One of the perks of choosing a resort so close to Male is that you don't have to wait for seaplane, and can get to the island sooner. Light refreshments are also being served aboard, and you can definitely get a great view of Male as you sail away from it. Upon arrival, we were greeted and brought to the reception for check in, scented cold towels and tropical bliss are also being served.
Accommodations + Service
Similar to many luxury resorts in the Maldives, every room gets a dedicated person who's assigned to attend all your needs and bookings during your stay. The most signature room has got to be the over water villas with pool, and the design here at Baros are focus mainly on luxury Maldivian comfort; very cozy and relaxing. Overall, the decor is classy and welcoming, plus the bathroom amenities are my favorite favor from l'occitane, perfect scent to match a tropical island.
Food & Dining
There are a few dining options including room service to choose from, please see below.
- Lime Restaurant, opens daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, causal international dining. It has a good range of variety to choose from.
- The Lighthouse Restaurant, also has a upper deck bar for relaxation and drinks, opens for dinner, a la carte menu, a must try at Baros.
- Cayenne Grill, a fantastic place to have Teppanyaki, order to make, and serves both lunch and dinner.
- Sails Bar, mainly for light refreshments and drinks, but certain day of the week, they do a special dining buffet with live band singing.
- Destination Dining, there are 4 options: dining at the private Sandbank, Piano Deck, Beach set up, and Nooma (on the boat).
I would highly recommend to try the private sandbank dining, it was truly magical. We were brought to the sandbank by the traditional dhoni, and from a distance we see an umbrella standing in the middle of a patch of sand, in the middle of the ocean. A staff member were there ahead of time and have set up a lovely table and our breakfast awaits us. It was a lovely morning, and to my surprise, when I flew my drone above the sandbar during our breakfast picnic, the shape of the sandbar turns out to be a heart shape.